Friday, October 6, 2017

Birthday cards

My boss's birthday was at the end of September, as was one of my co workers, so I made them cards.
Here's my boss's:
 It's an envelope card, so when you fold it up, it looks like an envelope. I used some book spines paper for the front, along with some words to spell out her name.
Here it is all folded up:
 I had this planned out perfectly, I had this paper so it lined up when opened, not thinking about how it would be upside down when folded up. I used the book washi to close it, but of course it wouldn't stay closed, so I had to wrap some twine around it as well.
Here's the inside:
 I realized as I was making this, I'm glad I was giving it to her in person as there is three layers of cardstock on it, it was pretty heavy. My boss is a tea drinker, so I tried to go with a tea theme on the inside. I had to add the pink/purple washi (from Dollar Tree) to cover the whole inside piece. The 'the best chats are over a cup of tea' piece is from a journaling card. The 'happy birthday' piece I took out of a card from a swap. I realized I don't have a lot of birthday stuff when I was making this. I wanted a not so busy background, so I picked the daisy paper for it. The left side says Happiness is something that multiplies when shared, it was from a journaling card that I layered on some pink paper. The top has a teapot sticker (by Mary Engelbreit from a thrift store, as well as the teapot on the bottom), with a sticker that says Enjoy your life (from Dollar Tree). The right side has some teacups (from JoAnn's) with a sticker that says Happy girls are the prettiest-Audrey Hepburn (from a Peachy Cheap grabbag). The bottom says Do what makes you happy (from a journaling card) and a teapot.
Here's the one I made for my co-worker:
I wanted something simple because I know she doesn't like elaborate. The background is from a swap. The middle piece is from Hobby Lobby. I used some star buttons from my stash to make a bundle of balloons with a 'make a wish' sentiment.

I like making cards, I just am really bad at getting them done before people's birthdays.

No comments: