Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Banner swap

I signed up for a holiday banner swap on one of my facebook groups. After we partnered, I told my partner, I wanted Christmas and the word Hope, she said she wanted fall themed and something like Thanks or Fall. I did Fall because I'm not that great at longer words.
Here's what I created:
I bought the background chipboard banner shapes at Hobby Lobby. The papers are also from Hobby Lobby. The sunflowers are from a garage sale, the letters are from Hobby Lobby. I was going to stop there, but one of the requirements was to have three embellishments on it. So, I added the sequins in the corners (they are from Dollar Tree), with some tiny pearls in the middle of them (from a swap) and the squirrel stickers on the copper wooden pumpkins (both from Target) to the bottoms. We were also required to include the hanging string. I took some twine from some leaf tags I picked up at Hobby Lobby.
I love the simplicity of it. I hope my partner likes it as well.
Here's what my partner made:
 And some close-ups to see the dimension:


 I had to hang it up to see how big it was:
I'm gonna leave it up until after the Christmas season.
I love how it turned out, but I feel like I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. My partner asked what word I'd like and I said 'Hope' so I was expecting a banner with the word hope on it.

No comments: