Friday, October 20, 2017

Fall Swap

I signed up to do the Esther Luka Family Fall swap again this year. This marks the year anniversary of participating in Esther Luka's swaps. Our requirements were:
One pocket letter, 4 embellishments, 3 washi samples, 2 flowers, 2 handmade cards: Hello and seasonal, 3 stamped images and 1-2 extras. Here's what I made:
 I used a leaf paper background. The tree is from a card I liked it so I attached it to the outside of the pocket. I added some leaves from my stash and layered some wooden leaves on top of them. The turkey is a felt piece from my stash. The two paper leaves are from a swap. I added the two ephemera pieces that I picked up from a garage sale. The quote at the top says 'make the most of every day' there is a circle piece from a garage sale with a Dollar Tree sticker on top. The middle card has another Dollar Tree sticker. The family piece is from a garage sale, it's layered on a cork sticker. The first card has some felt stickers from my stash.
The back:
I included some fallish stickers, some ribbon, silk leaves, ephemera card, sparkly leaf ephemera, foam turkey stickers, sequins, my washi samples.
The flowers:
 This was new this time around. I tried making some flowers with ribbon, but they didn't come out like I wanted, so I just did some layered paper flowers with pearl centers.
The cards:
 I really like how these turned out, I'm not that great at making cards. The hello card I just layered a bunch of paper with some vintage trim and some ric rac. The holiday one is an acetate house on some snowflake paper. The 'happy holidays' is a clear sticker on some white paper and popped up on foam tape.
 This envelope holds my stamped images. I made the envelope and embellished it with a silk leaf and some die cut acorns from a swap.
Embellishments:
The gold tag I had in my stash, I added the burlap leaf tag (from Hobby Lobby) and a leaf punch (from a swap) on top of it, I added a piece of ephemera (my stash) as well. I made another tag to match it with another burlap leaf tag (Hobby Lobby), a sparkly leaf (garage sale) and a 'be happy' sticker (Dollar Tree). I also made a banner embellishment. I layered some scrap book paper (my stash) with some leaf sequins (a swap) and some clear gems (my stash). I also made her some fall paper clips. The two leaves are from Hobby Lobby and the pumpkin was in my stash.
My extras:
I bought this hot pad/oven mitt set last year (Walmart), and it was just waiting for this swap. I'm amazed I didn't lose it. I included this velvet pumpkin I also bought last year (local store), some fall ribbon (a swap) and a piece of chocolate for her.
Here's what she sent me:
 First glance:
 Some extras:
 She included some heart post it's and some giant paper clips in this cute jack-o-lantern bag tied up with this burlap flower.
Another cute jack-o-lantern container:
 It had these very cute flowers in it:
 They are made from pipe cleaners, I love them.
Her embellishments:
 She made me a bunch of rosettes with foxes and sparkly buttons.
More extras:
 She filled this cup with tea and hot chocolate and got me a velvet pumpkin as well.
And some neat Jolee's Boutique snowflake stickers.
Cards:
 Very cute. I love the tree in the truck.
Stamped images:
 She included that tree and the truck image as well as some Julie Nutting dolls and a really cute truck and trailer image.
 Pocket letter:
 She said it was her first or second one. I love it, you can see the tag with her washi samples on the side and a neat embossed bookmark.
The back:
 The goodies:
I thought it was kinda funny that she used this ephemera set of the foxes, squirrels, owls and hedgehogs. The paperclips, these ephemera, the stickers and the pieces on the rosettes are all from that set.
I emailed Esther that I have gotten new people for every swap I've done through her group, but I am amazed at what they create. I've been doing some kind of art most of my life, and my partners always tell me they are brand new at this and I feel their stuff is so much better than mine.

No comments: