Friday, July 21, 2017

Pink and black envelope flipbook

On one of my facebook groups, there was a swap for a pink and black envelope flip book. I chose to make the one that had multiple envelopes for the base. I covered the envelopes with black cardstock and added strips of pink paper with white polka dots to cover the rest of the envelope. I accidentally cut the black pieces too small on the outside so I added some washi to the seams between the envelopes and some more on the top and bottom.
This is what it looks like all folded up:
 Here's what's under the flap:
 The banner is a wooden tag from a swap, the 'hello' is alpha stickers from my stash. The bicycle is a die cut someone sent me.
When you flip this open:
 I made the inside vertical and the outside horizontal.
Close-up of right side:
 I used a lot of journaling cards and then just added embellishments. For this one I added some bling to go with the card.
Close-up of left card:
I didn't add any embellishment to this one.
When you flip it:
Close-up of middle card:
 I added some sparkly foam flowers to this one.
Close-up of left side:
I actually lined the background with some black washi and the background, and then added the journaling card on top.
When you flip it:
 Close-up of third card:
 I added some sparkly heart stickers.
Close-up of last card:
 I just added an envelope with my note in it.
Back of flip book:
 I cut this heart out of a journaling card.
Goodies:
I tried to keep them kinda flat as my flip books never close. Journaling cards, tags, stickers and a bookmark.
I made the second card from the left. The tag base was given to me in a swap, I added the vintage looking sticker and the washi to it.
Here's what my partner sent me:

It's very plain and not very black to go with the pink and black theme. But, it also looks kinda like a clutch that you'd carry with you on a night out. I'm just not excited about it.

No comments: