Thursday, July 13, 2017

July Calendar Tag Swap

I signed up for a July Calendar Tag swap on facebook. I accidentally signed up for this swap on one of my groups. We usually sign up by stating what number of swap we want and how many partners we want, I thought the number I picked was for a bookmark.
Since, I did sign up, I went through and made it. We had to make a tag that was no smaller than 4 1/8 by 8 1/2. That's huge for me. I had a hard time figuring it out, but I wanted to do something with Independence Day and red, white and blue. 
Here's what I created:
The background paper looks like a faded old flag, it was from my stash. The dictionary paper is from an old dictionary, I tore out the page that had Independence Day on it. The lady actually has her hand underneath Independence day. The lady is from the Newsworthy paper pad from Hobby Lobby (that page was actually one of the reasons I had to buy it). I added a blue sparkly star button to her and the July calendar to the bottom. The lady is actually attached with foam tape. I like how it turned out.
Here's what I got from my partner:
 And some more goodies:
I love the die cuts and the kids.
I signed up for a patriotic pocket letter, mostly so I could use these kids in it.

No comments: