Monday, May 8, 2017

Vintage Loaded Envelope

I signed up to make a loaded envelope through a facebook group, the theme was vintage.
Here's the front:
 I actually started with an envelope, I added some paper from an old paper pack in my stash. I affixed the front with vintage looking brads. The bottom has some vintage lace and seam binding. The flower is vintage as is the button in the middle of it. In this picture, you can see I started filling it with vintage photographs and some book pages.
The back:
 The top has some trim from a vintage shirt and some more lace. I'm pretty sure the postcard at the bottom is not vintage, but it looks like it, it's a pocket.
I also made a tag for my partner:
The background is a dictionary page. I layered on some pink patterned paper and a vintage photograph. The eyelet is actually vintage, the trim is 100% silk from China from a swap.
Here's what my partner sent me:
I had to take a picture before I took anything out, because I knew it wouldn't be going back in the same way.
Here's the empty bag and the wands:
 Goodies:
 More goodies:
 And a few more:
I love everything she sent me. She told me she didn't realize I was actually sending vintage stuff, even though I asked if she wanted me to load it up with vintage items. Then, she told me, usually people buy stuff from a store and make items to include in swap.

No comments: