Saturday, May 20, 2017

ELF Spring Swap

It's time for the Esther Luka Family swap, this time the theme was Spring. We had to make
1. Pocket letter, flip book or loaded envelope
2. Three handmade cards: Hello, Get Well, one for our partner.
3. a wand
4. Five samples of washi at least 18 inches
5. Three tags
6. Four embellishments
7 One-two extra embellishments.

Here's what I made:
Pocket letter:
 I used a bunch of springy embellishments from a K&Company kit I bought. I added a bunch of goodies to the various envelopes. I also added some flowery washi on the side.
The back:
 She said she liked elephants, so I filled the back with elephant ephemera.
Cards:
Hello:
 I like this technique, I stole it from Poetspice, it's just using your scraps to make a card. The zigzag scrap on the right wasn't quite long enough to cover the whole page, so I added the blue scrap on the bottom and then the seam between the two top pieces looked rough so I added the plaid sticker, and just spelled out 'hello' with dollar tree stickers.
Get Well:
 I'm really not that great at making cards, this one is really simple. I just used a scrap of paper for the background and used a new balloon stamp. I spelled out 'get well soon' with stickers.
One for my partner:
 I actually like how this turned out. I made the main piece first and attached it to the card base. I made the banners with some dollar tree washi and added the 'friends' piece from a paper pad I picked up at a garage sale.
Wand:
 The background is a cupcake liner. I've been loving making rosettes, since I watched Esther's tutorial on them. The rosette is just a scrap of paper, I added the middle of another cupcake liner and a jeweled flower. I wrapped the stick with washi to make it a little more springy.
Washi samples:
 I try to give people washi that you can't find at dollar tree or Hobby Lobby or Micheal's, these I got in swaps, so I'm not exactly sure where they came from, but I know they're not Dollar Tree and I've never seen them at Hobby Lobby.
Tags:
 First tag:
 The background paper is from a DCWV paper pad, as is the butterfly piece and the yellow paper it's layered on. The brown strip at the top is a scrap from my stash, the 'the good life' is from a sticker from Dollar Tree
Second tag:
 The background is a tag from Michael's, I layered some trim on the bottom, a cut apart from JoAnns, and a sticker from Dollar Tree.
Third tag:
The tag I got from skybluepink, I added some pink washi to the bottom, a scrap in the middle and a cute hot air balloon sticker.
Embellishments:
 bag close-up:
 I took a tiny bag that was on my desk, added some brown washi to the bottom and created a fan. I also added a sticker from Hobby Lobby.
Other close-ups:
 The pink is a scrap, layered with ribbon, a yellow ticket and a diecut word from Michael's. The bottom two are made with punches and stickers from my stash. I also made her a purple owl paperclip.
Extras:
She said she liked perfume bottles, so I added this cute notepad. I also included an elephant eraser, and some elephant washi.
Here's what I got from my partner:
a flip book
Front:
 First flip
 I love the little shaker pocket she made.
 Second flip:
 Close-up of first page:
 I love the mouse, I do sewing sometimes, and she incorporated a lot of sewing elements into her creations.
 This tiny piece is actually the front of the flip below, I edited my pictures wrong.
Close-up of second picture
 That piece on the left is the back of the 'Wendy' piece above. The right side is a glassine envelope filled with goodies.
Third card:
 These are the tags she created.
Close-up of last page:
 I'm loving everything about this flip book.
The back:
 The handmade cards:
 I'm always in awe of what people make for me.
Wand:
 washi samples:
 I love that blingy roll.
Tags:
 These are the tags from the pocket above.
Embellishments:
 These were in the glassine envelope above.
Extras:
 That's an emery board, some nice smelling sachets, 'W' stickers and a stamped piece.
More extras:
Some stamped elements.

No comments: