Friday, May 19, 2017

Crafter's Surprise

One of the swaps I signed up for on my facebook groups was a crafter's surprise. Basically we were given a list of things to choose three from and send to our partner. We were not to tell our partner what we were sending. We could choose three items from this list: a pocket letter, flipbook, loaded envelope, three altered tags (3x6), six altered paper clips, six altered clothespins, six inchies, three altered puzzle pieces, three altered dominoes, six embellishments (2x2), three index cards, three decorated wands and/or a combination of pinwheels, three rolodex cards, four handmade ribbon or paper flowers and a file folder mini album.
I chose six altered paper clips:
The butterfly is a sticker from Dollar Tree, the cameo I got in a swap, the bee is a sticker from Hobby Lobby, the panda is a sticker from Dollar Tree, the coffee is a button I got in a swap and the owl is a sticker from Dollar Tree.
Six altered clothespins:
 I put some flowery washi on them and then added either pearls or words.
Six inchies:
These were a challenge. I've never done inchies before, they are one inch square pieces. The backgrounds are all scraps. First one: I added a flower sticker and some butterflies, I also added a jewel to the middle of the flower. Second one: the flower is a sticker from Dollar Tree, I just added a sticker word from my stash to it. I think this one is my favorite. Third one: the frame was on another sticker, I just layered it with foam tape on top of the frog sticker. Fourth one: I made a little banner on the bottom and added a sticker, the birdhouse is popped up on foam tape. Fifth one: the flower is from Hobby Lobby, the white piece is from a swap, I just added a jewel to the middle. Sixth one: The background here is actually washi from Dollar Tree, I added a horse sticker, a word sticker and some pearls.
I tried to challenge myself with the inchies and altered clothespins, but also did something I've done before with the altered paperclips. I just noticed they were supposed to be a spring theme, I think they fit that even though I didn't think about it when creating them.
Here's what I got from my partner:
 Here's the first package:
 It contained three index cards:
 Here's the second package:
 It's a flip book, here's the front:
 The first flip:
 The second flip:
 And the last flip:
 Here's the back:
 Here's the third package, it's ATCs:
 and the back:
I love what she made me, I love how it all coordinates.

No comments: