Sunday, May 21, 2017

Black and White pocket letter

I signed up to do a black and white pocket letter on one of my facebook groups. I thought it would be a good challenge to only use black and white on it.
Here's what I made:
 I took some project life and journaling cards that were just black and white and cut them down to use as my backgrounds.
First row: first card: this piece was just in my stash, so I trimmed it down to fit the card. Second card: I made a rosette and added a felt flower to the middle of it, I also added some jewels. Third card: this piece was in a swap I got recently.
Second row: first card: this piece was in a swap I got recently, it was originally one a corrugated cardboard tag. Second card: I trimmed down a vintage photo and added another piece I got in a swap. Third card: I added a snowflake and some snowflake washi.
Third row, first card: I got this pinwheel in a swap as well as the the washi. Second card: the 'man' I got in a grab bag from Peachy Cheap, the triangle paper I got in a swap. Third card: I got this piece in a swap as well, I just added some jewels to the side I got them at Target.
I included only black and white goodies as well:
 Some of the backs of the cards are not black and white, but since I only needed the front for my backgrounds, I didn't really care. I included some coloring pieces, journaling cards (I originally had three word cards cut down, but I couldn't think of how to embellish them), word pieces, mini clothespins, washi, jewels, sticky notes and some ribbon.
Here's what my partner sent me:
 I love the jar stamp and the "w's".
Here's the goodies:
Love the "Wendy" at the bottom, they are actually tiny notepads. I don't know where she got them, but I love them.

No comments: