Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Mother's Day Tag

Sometimes I hate that I'm creative. I feel people expect me to make them things. This happens the most with my mother. I feel she's always expecting me to make her cards for the holidays. She's creative too, and she works much more than me and I feel she thinks I have nothing to do in my free time, so when she creates things for me with so little free time, I feel she expects me to be making her stuff cause I have so much free time.
Anywho, here's the tag I made her for mother's day:
I was inspired by the tag I got back in a swap, and some of the pieces are actually from that swap.
The background is a piece of cardstock I had. I added the lace at the bottom along with the fabric roses. The flowers on the sides are a Heidi Swap rub-on pen I got in this haul. I'm not really liking it. It doesn't exactly get all of the pattern down. I'm glad I got it in a grab bag, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't actually buy it. The two flower pieces are from that swap. The one at the bottom is raised with pop dots, it's amazing how a little dimension changes something. The butterfly is a sticker I got at a garage sale. The words are from a rub on sheet I got at Target.
I thought it turned out rather cute. I just cut a sentiment from a card and glued it on the back.

No comments: