Thursday, February 7, 2019

Valentine treat bag swap

I found I didn't have any of the paper bags I needed, so I made my own:
 I took a paper bag apart and figured out the dimensions and made my own like I did for the Garland Advent calendar swap. I even used the same vintagey looking paper for the bases. I used the excess as a decoration on the fronts. I cut down some 6x6 vintage Valentine paper to layer on the fronts with a journaling card on each one. I put some trim on the bottom and some Valentine washi in the space between the paper and the trim. I put on some glittery foam hearts on the corners and a pink glittery number on each of them. To close them I was going to use my mini sewing machine, but that didn't pan out, so I just hot glued them closed and stuck some washi on top.
The goodies:
 Pink glittery alphabet, vintagey matchboxes, sticky notes. The next two I changed, you'll see in the picture below, stickers, chocolate and another change.
 Here's day 4, I couldn't give up my owls, so sent these foam stickers instead.
 Day 5, I couldn't find enough bling, so I picked out some trim and lace from my stash.
 And day 7, I switched 7 and 8, so my partner would get the chocolate for the last day. I put in a mixture of chipboard pieces, and heart stickers and a random cupid die cut I found.
I altered a card for the swap
I added the square.
Here's what I received:
 And the extras:
I love these kind of countdown swaps.
But, I'm gonna complain, cause it's my blog. So, I sent out my swap out on Jan 23, it was delivered on time (1/26) and I never saw a post about it, so I'm waiting and waiting. Last day to mail was January 26th, which comes and goes, my partner doesn't post that she's mailed mine or anything. I message her on the the 28th asking if she's received mine and if she's mailed my package out. She doesn't get back to me, I finally message the hostess of the group and say I haven't heard anything either way. The hostess messages her and then on the 29th, she posts a picture of mailing and of receiving her package. Expected delivery date of my package is Feb 4th. She messages me on the 3rd asking if I had received it yet, that she hadn't seen it on the event page. She could have easily looked up tracking and seen I hadn't received it. Also, why ask before the expected delivery date? It annoyed me to wake up and find that on my phone. Monday rolls around and I get another message (about 10AM) while I'm at work, asking again if I've received it. I was so annoyed I just ignored her. I did have it waiting for me when I got home on Monday and posted on the events page right after I got it. I don't know if she was bothered because I asked her if she had received and decided to do the same back to me, or what. At least I waited until after I knew it was delivered.
OK, Rant over.

No comments: