Thursday, February 21, 2019

Flowery explosion box

The director at the library I work at is retiring, she's also a friend of mine, so I made her an explosion box as her gift. I wanted to do something more book related, but realized I don't have a lot of bookish papers, so I went with flowers as the background instead. I did, take apart some pages from a book to decorate the insides. Here it is:
For the outside lid, I used some pink cardstock, added some sparkly peachy lacy trim. I added a bright seafoam green doily diecut with a purple doily, a circle diecut and a flower I got in a swap to the top. The outside of this box is brighter flowers:
 First box:
 Here's where I used the book pages. I took some that I thought worked for things to do in retirement. I didn't really embellish much:
 The backgrounds of all of these are a botanical paper.

 This one I added some cloud wood veneirs that I colored with blue ink. The picture is pretty bad.
 Second box lid:
 I used blue cardstock and trimmed it with some ribbon that had circles on it. The top has a white doily with a flower die cut, a rosette I received in a swap and a flower I received in a swap. The outside of this box is a map paper.
Inside second box:
 Again, I used some book pages and also some journaling cards to decorate.
This one is a journaling card:
 This is a book page, I realized you can't see the whole 'quote' it says grow something.
It was a bit too big for this box, the book was about 4.5" by 4.5" so I had to cut all the pages down and this one didn't work so well. I should have just cut off the flower at the top of the banners and added something else. I ended up adding some dimensional flower stickers and some butterflies to it.
This one is another journaling card.
 I wanted to find a ticket to add to this one, but they were all the wrong size. The backgrounds on these are cactus paper.
The third lid:
 I used a dark green cardstock for this one. I added some flower trim and embellished it a bit with some pearl centers. The top of the lid has a flower applique.
The inside:
 The backgrounds on these are all a leafy paper and I used stickers to decorate, as the book pages were too big at that point.
   This was a clear sticker that I added to white cardstock.
 This one was a banner sticker and I added a butterfly embellishment I got in a swap.
Another clear sticker.
And a third clear sticker.
I know she'll like it, I just hope she is ok with the flowery theme.

No comments: