Sunday, February 3, 2019

Mail journal

I found this cool book on the donations cart at work and purchased it.
 Mainly because it smelled like old book, but for a couple other things as well. Like this book plate:
 And the punched out name of the library on a few pages:
 And the back pages:
 I didn't really have a plan for it, then I saw someone journaling about a subscription box they had received, so I decided to use it as a mail journal. I started the day after purchasing it.
Friday, January 25th:
 I had received a Valentine's Day card from one of my groups. The envelope had this washi on it, the giant heart sticker was included in the envelope. I also made a pocket and put the card in it.
Saturday, January 26th:
 I had received some Valentine's Day notecards made for a group. The stickers were in them. I also made a pocket and added one of the note cards.
Saturday, January 26th:
 Also received a Favorites pocket letter swap. The arrow washi was on the pocket letter, but covered the holes in the sheet. The stickers were from the front of the envelope.
Saturday, January 26th:
 Also received a pink pocket letter swap, the washi was on the pocket letter but covered the holes in the sheet. The journaling card was an extra.
Saturday, January 26th:
 Received a Heart to Heart Secret swap. The washi was included in the swap, this is the note that was in it, the stickers were included. This may be my favorite so far.
Tuesday, January 28th:
 Received a tag or grab tag for 3 cards. The envelope had the sunflowers on it, as well as the stamp and the washi. I also added the tag insert.
 Favorite color tag. She had sent me the cactus sticky notes and a green pen. I added the tag insert.
Tag or grab tag for some tea. I added the note, the postmark, the washi was on the envelope, Pusheen was printed on the envelope.
I'll continue doing this. I've found I have the most fun collaging things when making them. I haven't received any mail since Tuesday, but something is expected to arrive tomorrow, so should have a few more pages, soon.

No comments: