Thursday, February 21, 2019

Vintage Valentine ATCs

I signed for a swap in one of my groups for a couple Vintage Valentine ATCs, thinking I'd use some actual vintage Valentine's I had.
Here's what I created:
 The backgrounds (which you can't see) are actually vintage book pages, I wanted to have a background in case the valentines didn't cover the cards. The one on the left was more delicate than the one on the right, I had to use foam tape because my double stick tape just ripped it. I added some puffy stickers on top of the hearts she's growing and some sparkly heart stickers to the corners. The right one, I actually cut apart and put back together, it originally folded to have them holding hands. I added a puffy heart sticker to his valentine and some sparkly heart washi on the bottom.
Here's what I received:
I like the collage technique. Sadly they smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke. I found out putting them next to my off-brand Glade air freshener took the scent out.
Also, used another vintage Valentine to make a Valentine ATC for a tag:
 I didn't really do any embellishing on this one. You can see the vintage book page background much better here, I also distressed it a bit with some red ink.
I included the rest of my vintage Valentines in the envelope:
 Here's what I received in return:
Very cute

No comments: