Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Garland Advent Calendar

I believe this was the first larger Christmas swap I signed up for and then got sucked into the others. This one we were asked to use gift bags, decorate them and make a garland for our partner. I didn't feel like finding gift bags, so I made my own:
 Half of them are made with Christmas paper as the backgrounds and half are not. For some reason, I thought we only had to make 12, and then realized I needed 24. I cut down some Christmas paper to fit on the front of the bags, the 2nd set of 12 that I made has washi on the top and bottom of these pieces due to them being smaller. After making the base, I went back and decorated them, I like them, but I think I would have liked them better if I hadn't done more decorating and just left the larger Christmas papers on the bags. I bought the clothespins plain, and added the bows to them, and then made sure that the opposite color was on the bow as the number on the envelopes.
The second set of 12:
 What I included:
For some reason, I felt that it shouldn't all be Christmas stuff, though there is more Christmas stuff than not.
Gift tag set, bling, handmade ornament, tag, tags, tea, ATC I got in a swap, sticky notes, homemade ornament and tags, pin I got at a garage sale, tags I got in a swap, stamps, ornament, deco tape, mini notebook, tiny doll, clothespins, mini clipboard, pom poms and altered paper clips, washi, hot cocoa, trim, cards, ornaments I got in a swap and an ornament from Hobby Lobby.
Here's what I got in return.:
I don't have a great picture of them. Basically she took a lot of paper and made packages with it. Not a lot of decoration, but that's ok.
Here's the first four days:




No comments: