Friday, August 25, 2017

Rainbow pocket letter

I signed up to do a rainbow pocket letter in one of my swaps. Do you all remember this post? And I got this pocket letter back:
 Basically it was colored cardstock with goodies on top.
I decorated it and decided to use it for this rainbow swap:
 Especially because the instructions were to have each pocket highlighting a different color, we were supposed to try to keep the main color as the focus. Since I had basically already done that I just added the white one in and was done.
I put a round piece on the background (pink - sticker, orange - egg pick, purple and lavender - egg pick, blue-die cut, white-diecut, green-diecut, red-diecut, yellow-cupcake liner), added a butterfly, and then some bling to the middle of their bodies. I added either butterflies (from Walmart) or something round (orange-stickers from Dollar Tree, purple and lavender-rub ons from Target), and then layered two shades of the color banners with a stamped word/quote on it.
I really love how it turned out.
For the goodies, we had to have 6 paper craft related, 1 letter, 1 drink/snack/candy and 1 bling/sequin/shaker material, they needed to reflect the color on the front of the pocket.

So, my note was in the back of the lavender pocket, orange-flower diecuts, pink-washi, green-foam stickers, white-diecuts, blue-flower and square die cut, yellow-Godiva chocolate (which really isn't yellow, but the packaging was), red-bling, purple-buttons.
Here's what my partner sent:
 The goodies:
we were supposed to coordinate the goodies on the back with the colors in the front, I'm a little bummed that my partner didn't do that.

No comments: