Thursday, August 31, 2017

Altered picture frame

I haven't really altered anything in awhile, so I signed up to do an altered picture frame swap. I found the frame at Walmart.
It was just a plain wooden frame, I first added some vintage dictionary paper to give it a background:
 My partner said she liked black and pink, so that's what I gave her.
 The black is a fibery paper thing, I'm not really sure what it is, I picked it up when I used to work at an art store. Sadly it's not as see through as I thought it would be, so I could have just skipped the dictionary paper part. I had this paper with cherry blossoms and I thought they looked better than the other paper I had in mind, so I fussy cut them all out and layered them on the frame.
I covered the side with blue washi and added some black bling to it.
I wanted to make it more dimensional, but I really liked the cherry blossoms and nothing else looked quite right with them.
Sadly, my frame did not come with a back, and I couldn't find anything sturdy that I could cut for a backing, so I hope my partner's not mad about that.
My partner had a little issue, so someone else sent me a frame:
 and the goodies:
I am a bit bummed that the picture frame I got back is about 3 or 4 inches square, but it's cute.

No comments: