Saturday, August 19, 2017

Back To School Pocket letter

I really wanted to do a back to school pocket letter until I got into my stash and realized that beyond background paper, I didn't exactly have a lot of back to school stuff. I did find some images in a free images book I picked up from the library, and found a few other things that worked.
Here's what I made:
 The background paper is from a Hobby Lobby, I had a few more candidates (books, school supplies), but I chose this one to sorta go with a few of the images I picked out. The corner pieces and all the black and white images are from those free images books (you're really supposed to photocopy them, but I'm lazy). I could only find 4 images from one book and two images from another book, so I chose a few stickers from my stash that I thought coordinated with the theme.
First row: first card: I found this sticker in my stash and thought it worked great. Second card: image is from that book. Third card: image is from that book, but I added a sticker from Dollar Tree.
Second row, first card: This sticker is from Hobby Lobby (I'm pretty sure kids these days have no idea what a typewriter is, I never used one in school but I did have an electric one at home). Second card: this image is from that book, I added some brown washi to make it look framed. Third card: this is a Hobby Lobby sticker that I added the 'hello' sticker to.
Third row: these three images had chalk boards behind them, but they were blank, so instead of filling them in, I added these stickers that had a college theme from a sticker book from Michaels. I tried to add a little color to the images. For the light bulb in the first one and the milk and banana in the second one, those stickers are from Amazon, they were clear, so I put them on white cardstock and cut them out. I thought the last card was ok with the corner piece.
The goodies:
Our instructions were to add things that you would need to go back to school. I added some of the images I used on the front, paper clips, erasers, sticky notes, washi that was school themed, page flags and some stickers that were office supply themed.
I really like how it turned out.
Here's what my partner sent me:
 The back:
 The goodies:
It's really cute. I don't know about the red flag things on the right side. There was no letter so technically, it was just a piece of art in the mail.

No comments: