Friday, March 31, 2017

Flower swap

On one of my facebook groups, Paper Crafting Friends, I signed up to do a Spring ATCs swap as well as a Flower themed 3x5 index card swap, I got the same partner for both of them. Here's what I made her:
 For the ATCs, we just had to create Spring ones. I couldn't figure out spring really meant to me. I wanted to make them just spring themed, even though most anything could mean spring.
First card: I used some Target packaging for the background, added the 'you are amazing' piece (from a swap) and the rose stamp that I paper pieced.
Second card: this background is from a thank you card someone sent me. I added some bug stickers (from a swap) and spelled out the word 'spring' with stickers (from Walmart).
Third card: The background was left over from making pocket letters (from Hobby Lobby). I added some turtle washi (from a swap), a kite sticker (from Dollar Tree), bee stickers (from my stash), some butterfly stickers (from my stash) and the word 'amazing' (from JoAnn's).
Here are the index cards:
 I don't actually have any index cards, so I just cut some from cardstock and put some pretty paper on the front of them. We had to have at least three flowers on each card, I probably covered that with the papers I used, but I felt that was sorta cheating.
First card: background is from a card (from a swap), I layered some flowers up on it. The pink flower on the left is from a swap, I added a flower sticker on top of it (Dollar Tree). Next is another pink flower (from a swap), with a jewel flower on top (from a swap). Third is another pink flower (from a swap) with another flower sticker (Dollar Tree).
Second card: background is a scrap, I also added a strip of flower washi on the bottom (Dollar Tree). I cut up a journaling card (Hobby Lobby) because I liked the sentiment. I added a pink flower on the top (Dollar Tree), a purple flower on the left (Hobby Lobby) and a pink flower on the right (Hobby Lobby)
Third card: background is a scrap. I added some lacey stickers that I paper pieced on the backs of them (Dollar Tree, paper from JoAnn's) and also some paper flowers at the top and bottom (from a swap).
I hope my partner likes them. I had a fun time making them.
I thought I'd include a few goodies and package it all up kinda cute:
I just took some packaging from stickers, cut the top off, covered it with paper, punched some holes in it (that was tough, it was through two layers of cardstock), threaded some rick rack through it and put a button on top. I included some flowery stickers and some lollipops.
Here's what my partner sent me, the ATCs:
 I'm not good at coloring, but I love when people send me stuff they've colored.
The index cards:
 I also love how she used quotes.
The goodies:
I am loving those punches, stickers and project life cards.

No comments: