Thursday, April 6, 2017

Purple and Yellow pocket letter

I signed up to do a purple and yellow pocket letter swap on facebook. I didn't realize how little purple and yellow embellishments I have, I think that's good, though, kinda took me out of my comfort zone.
Here's what I sent:
Both background papers are from Hobby Lobby.
First row, first card: yellow die cut from a swap, purple flower sticker from Hobby Lobby. Second card: purple paper from a swap, yellow flower from a swap. Third card: yellow die cut from a swap, purple button from my stash.
Second row, first card: purple felt heart sticker from Hobby Lobby, word sticker from JoAnns. Second card: yellow deer head from a swap. Third card: same as first card.
Third row, first card: yellow die cut from a swap, purple flower cut from a calendar from Dollar Tree and colored. Second card: purple die cut from a swap, yellow flower from Hobby Lobby, purple 'dream' from Michaels. Third card: yellow die cut from a swap, purple flower from Dollar Tree.
The purple seam binding is from skybluepink.com, the yellow lace is from a garage sale. I also added some purple with polka dots fabric tape to the side.
I really like how this turned out.
Here's what my partner sent me:
I love it! I love how she used die cuts a lot. She told me her favorite was the monster and the window. I like the monster a lot too.
 Here's the goodies:
 And in those envelopes were even more goodies:
Again, I love everything. I love it when people send me die cuts and punched images. I'm not sure I've done much more than hoard them at this point, but I still love getting them.
I had fun with this swap, as I said above, it took me a bit out of my comfort zone, but I enjoyed that. I should definitely do more swaps that take me out of my comfort zone.

No comments: