Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmas Advent pocket letter

One of the swaps I signed up for recently was a Christmas Advent pocket letter. Basically we decorated 3 pocket letters for the Advent calendar. So, 25 pockets of goodies for our partners and 2 extra pockets that are decorated but did not need to have goodies in them.
Here's what I made:
 I used a plaid paper pack as my background. On this pocket letter I used a bunch of stickers from some sticker books. I added some thin winter washi and some half circles with the numbers for the Advent on top.
Second pocket letter:
 Again, I used the plain paper pad for the background.  I added some star ephemera and some sticker sentiments to the top row. I added some circle ephemera to the second row. The two trees on the bottom row are tags that I cut the top off of. I also added a package ephemera and the sticker sentiment. I also added some thin plaid washi to the top with the numbers.
Third pocket letter:
 I used some cute kid stickers and sentiments on this one. I put a '25' journaling card for the 25th day.
Here are the goodies:
 My partner said she likes chocolate, ephemera and planner stuff. So, I added some vintage playing cards, a mini tape runner, some Christmas tags, some clear acetate pieces, planner stickers and chocolate.
 I added sequins, stickers, flat back pearls, word stickers, chipboard stickers, more planner stickers, buttons, and paper clips.
 Bigger acetate pieces, sticky notes, coloring cards, foam tree stickers, Christmas die cuts, tea, washi and some more die cuts.
I put most of the goodies in coin envelopes and covered them with Christmas paper. For the few goodies that didn't fit in the envelopes, I added some Christmas paper to cover them, so my partner wouldn't flip the pocket letter over and see the goodies.
 I planned to make it so the same pattern wasn't next to another envelope with that pattern, but I totally forgot.
Here's what I got from my partner:
Second pocket letter:
 Third pocket letter:
 And there were a few items that were bigger than the pocket letter:
Since I have three different Advent calendars, I will post each day on my regular blog, here.

No comments: