Thursday, November 30, 2017

Look What I Made

I signed up for a swap on Facebook where we bought something at Dollar Tree and altered it and then sent it to our partner.
I decided to alter a composition notebook.
Front
 I covered the spine with some burlap ribbon, and the covered the raw edges of that with a vintage trim. I just covered the front with a scrapbook paper (garage sale) that had the tree on it, it's got a velvety texture to it. I added the butterflies (Dollar Tree) because it just looked too plain.
Back:
I chose this patterned paper because the other side has a pattern that sorta matched the blue under the tree, and then I attached it on backwards. I added some die cuts (RAK) so it wouldn't be so plain and some star bling (Dollar Tree). I also realized I attached the vintage trim backwards, but it doesn't look that bad, it's probably not even noticeable until I pointed it out.
After my partner decided not to send to me, and just accept her 'free' gift, another person stepped in and helped out. Here's what I got in return:
 She altered a picture frame and made it a shaker with a quote. Sadly the reindeer did not make it attached to the frame, but I have glue, no big deal. I love shakers, it makes my day.
She also included some cute puffy minion stickers:

No comments: