Saturday, November 4, 2017

Flipbook

I signed up to make a flip book in one of my facebook groups, the challenge was to use at least 4 items that I have gotten in other swaps. I'm pretty sure I got that and then some, everything except the base is from other swaps.
 The base papers are from the Newsworthy paper pad from Hobby Lobby. The washi holding it together was from a swap. This piece is actually a metal magnet, but I like the way it looked, so I attached it with foam tape.
When you flip it open:
 Close-up of left page:
 The big blue teacup was from a destash swap. The other two teacups were from two separate RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness, basically someone just sends you stuff in the mail).
Close-up of right page:
 I have no idea what swaps these came from. The film strip is layered on some pink paper and then a strip of watercolor looking paper. I separate out all the goodies I get from swaps and keep them separate from my stuff, so I know they came from someone else. No real reason, that's just how I do it.
When you flip this page to the right:
 Close-up of middle page:
 The background doily is actually on the page backwards, the front color was too bright, it's from my ELF (Esther Luka Family) Swap last Christmas. I'm not sure where the other two pieces came from.
Close-up of right page:
 I used this fairy someone drew for me for a fairy swap as a pocket, I colored it and hot glued it to the page, and added stickers I'd gotten in other swaps.
When you flip it to the right:
 Close-up of third page:
 The green piece is a library pocket that I covered in more paper from swaps. I included some tags and stamped images from other swaps, I also added a bag of leaf sequins and some stickers to the pocket.
Close-up of right page:
 The umbrella is from a RAK, the chick is from a destash swap.
Back:
The leaf is from a destash swap, the pumpkin is from a holiday swap.
I think I used about 20 items from other swaps. Like I said, everything but the base was from other swaps. I started to make a base out of papers from swaps, but it ended up working for something else, so this is what I came up with.
Here's what my partner sent me:
 She said, these flowers were one of the items.
First flip:
 She used the gold words, the sticky notes, the popsicle piece.
Second flip:
 She used the paper to make the pocket.
Last flip:
 Back:
 And the goodies:
I really thought this was a cute flip book. Also a nice way to use some of those goodies we get in our swaps. When I get a swap, I sort out the goodies into a bag, the stickers into another bag, washi samples into a container, bling in another container and paper clips into another one. I was thinking the other day, I get enough goodies from swaps I don't really need to buy more stuff, and since I'm trying to not buy stuff I don't need (that's mostly crafting stuff), it will be interesting to see how much more of the goodies I get from other people that I use, though I usually use some of it anyway.

No comments: