Sunday, November 5, 2017

Fantasyland flip book

I signed up to do a fantasyland flip book in one of my facebook groups. Here's what I made:
 I used some paper I got from Hollar for the backgrounds, this fairy is a wall sticker from Dollar Tree.
When you flip it open
 Close-up of left page:
 This paper was from my stash, the purple flowers are from a unicorn wall sticker pack from Dollar Tree. The fairy is from a swap, I colored it with gel pens.
Close-up of right page
I added a unicorn to the background (Dollar Tree) and some punched butterflies (a swap), I also added some bling as their bodies (my stash).
When you flip it to the right:
 Close-up of middle page:
 The flowers and leaves are from the fairy wall sticker (Dollar Tree), I added lace to the bottom (garage sale) and some puffy fairies and a toadstool house (RAK).
Close-up of right page:
 I chose monsters for this page. I added half of a journaling card (a swap) for a pocket. I have a lot of monster stickers that I never seem to use. I fussy cut the purple guy (Dollar Tree), added some tiny ones (Walmart) and the kraft colored one (Walmart) as well as the puffy yellow guy (Dollar Tree). I added the ogre to look like he's peeking out of the pocket (Micheal's), I also added the fairy to the pocket (Micheal's). I added some monster tape (Dollar Tree) to the bottom.
When you flip this page to the right:
Close-up of third page:
 I added some rainbow tape (Dollar Tree) to the bottom. I had put the purple unicorn (TJ Maxx) on the bottom first and then decided to add the tape, so one of his legs is sad. I added the pegasus (Dollar Tree) to the top as well as the 'Best Day ever' sticker (Hobby Lobby), it's a clear sticker, so I put it on white paper before adding it to the page. I also added the two small unicorns (Micheal's) to the bottom.
Close-up of right page:
 I added layers of the paper on foam tape to make waves. I put the blue haired mermaid (Dollar Tree) behind one of the waves. I also put the pink haired and purple haired mermaids (Hobby Lobby) so they are partly behind and on top of the layers. I then added the two mermaids (a swap) to the bottom. I also added a sun sticker (TJ Maxx) to the top. I was going to put a few mermaids in behind the top wave, but I forgot.
Here's how I packaged it:
I wrapped some fibers (a swap) around the book, tied them in a bow and added a unicorn charm (garage sale) and a couple unicorn paper clips (swaps). I also included another of the Dollar Tree fairies in the back for my partner.
Here's what I got in return:
 I love the style of this flip book, it's like a bunch of mini file folders.
First flip:
 Second flip:
 Last flip:
 And the goodies:
I really like all the printouts she included.

No comments: