Sunday, November 19, 2017

Pocketful of Sunshine

I signed up for a pocketful of sunshine swap, basically we were to make a loaded envelope full of sunshine, or yellow items, we were to include ten items. I had started to make this flip book for the swap that required us to include 4 things from other swaps, and then realized almost all the pages were yellow, so I knew I had to use it for this swap.
 I had a bunch of yellow paper that was cut down to 4x6 for a swap, so I used that for the base. This is actually a journaling card, I added a heart sticker (swap) and some star stickers (swap), they are all gold and glittery and foam. I bound the book with some yellow washi (RAK).
Here's the first flip:
 Close-up of left page:
 I added a clear boot sticker (Hobby Lobby) and clear flower stickers (Hobby Lobby) and cut down a journaling card for the 'you make my world sparkle' quote (Hobby Lobby).
Close-up of right page:
 This journaling card (swap) is layered on two other yellow papers (swaps), I also added some trim (swap) to the top and bottom.
Second flip:
 Close-up of middle page:
I had these cute little 2x2 journaling squares (Hobby Lobby) that I added to the page with some yellow stickers (my stash).
Close-up of right page:
I added the fairy die cut (RAK) and the 'hello sunshine' piece (Walmart).
 Last flip:
 Close-up of third page:
 I added the oval die cut (swap) and the chipboard sparkly star (swap) and the gold stars (Walmart).
Close-up of last page:
I just added this envelope (swap).
Here's the envelope:
 I admit, I'm not that great at these, this is probably the 2nd or 3rd one I've done. Basically I covered it in this chevron paper (Hobby Lobby), I couldn't get it on there right, so there's a lot of wrinkling. I did the whole roll down of the top, I'm also not great at that, I might do something else for the next one I have to do. I know a lot of times, people use the terms loaded bag and loaded envelope interchangeably, but if they say loaded envelope, that's what I'm making. I also didn't have quite enough paper in my 12x12 sheet to cover the whole envelope (probably because it went on crooked), so I had to add a strip to cover up a bare spot. I flipped it over and used the back as the front. I added the pocket at the bottom (swap), and the 'you are awesome' journaling card (RAK) to the bottom here. I added the teacup die cuts (swap) with foam tape to give them a little dimension. I ripped a little of the bottom of the 'v', so I added the butterfly (swap) to cover that up, I also added the pinwheel (swap) to the top.
The back:
 I just fussy cut these flowers out of another paper to cover up all the wrinkling on the back.
Here's what I included:
 The flip book, a pencil, a wand I made, an 'Oh Henry' bar, an emoji sucker, some flowers, sequins, die cuts, lace and acetate pieces. I tried to have some crafty stuff and some fun stuff.
Here's what it looked like all packaged up:
It barely fit in the box, I put it in, I sprinkled a bunch more of those yellow flowers all over it. My partner was very surprised that I made the loaded envelopes to put all the goodies in, apparently we were just supposed to send the goodies.
Here's what I got from my partner:
I don't know if you can tell, but the papers in the back are embossed. I love that, it's almost as fun as getting die cuts. My favorite pieces are the giant chicken, the smaller felt chickens, the angel fish and the bunny borders.

No comments: