Wednesday, December 20, 2017

January Calendar Tag

It's time for a new year of Calendar tags. I bought a notepad at Dollar Tree, just so I could have a whole year of these. Funny how a fluke of signing up for the wrong swap got me into these.
 My inspiration was some Paris themed washi that I forgot to put on the tag. I had a napkin with the Eiffel tower on it that I thought would look great with it. I used this flower paper from a Paris themed paper pad from Hobby Lobby for the background. I mod podged the Eiffel tower on top of it. I also added some teal ribbon and some heart lace to the bottom. The calendar is on really thin paper, so I layered it on some cardstock and foam tape. I wrote 'It's a new year' and 'Make it exciting' and added some (what look like snowflakes or fireworks) flat white pieces to the sides.
One of the new requirements is to have at least one embellishment, which kinda defeats the purpose of being able to send it with one stamp, and also makes it a bit more challenging for me. I used to do a bit of mixed media, but I think I've always been more of a paper arts person.
I also created a card for my partner:
It's very simple, I just took a journaling card (I don't know the dimensions), affixed it to cardstock to make a card. I attached a flat back jewel to the card, and framed it with rose gold washi (mostly because it was crooked).

No comments: