Thursday, December 21, 2017

explosion box

I made my first explosion box on Tuesday, it's for a friend, so I'll post it next week. Yesterday, I thought it would be fun to make a mini Christmas one because I don't have any 12x12 Christmas cardstock. Maybe mini wasn't such a great idea, I made it a bit harder for myself with measurements because I was set on something. When I fixed it, it was way easier.
The base is from a 6x6 piece of paper, the second one is from a 4.5" square and the smallest one from a 3" square. I love how it turned out.
Here's the top and side of the largest box:
 I used the book of Hobby Lobby Christmas stickers to decorate the boxes. This one has some washi from their $30 box of year round washi. I used some wood grain paper to cover the outside of the box because I have very few double sided cardstock papers. I used some words from some tags I was given for the decorations of the outside sides.
Here it is opened:
 The base is from a 6x6 paper pad from Hobby Lobby.
Medium box:
 I used some red sweater patterned paper for the base that I got in a Peachy Cheap grab bag. The lid is decorated with some gold glitter washi.
Opened:
 Again, just stickers from Hobby Lobby. I noticed that they're not staying stuck very well, I noticed that in a few other places I've used them, so I won't be buying these again.
Smallest box:
 I decorated the outside of this one with some 'postage stamps' from the Winter Wonderland paper pad from Hobby Lobby. I edged the lid with red washi. I made this lid smaller, so as not to cover too much of the box, but it looks weird, I'd tweak that if I made another one.
Opened:
And that's it. It was really fun. I have more issues making the lids than the boxes. Most of the tutorials I saw only made one lid for the largest box. I think it's more fun to open each individual one, so I make three lids.

No comments: