Friday, December 15, 2017

Winter Wonderland file folder pocket letter

In order to get posts up sooner and so they're not so long, I'm posting what I made and what I got in return in separate posts. I also hope it gets me to post the stuff I made quicker.
I'm loving these file folder pocket letters, so am trying to sign up for every one I see. This one was supposed to be a winter wonderland theme, that's whatever I thought of as a winter wonderland:
 I used another manila envelope as my base. I had this tree from a gift bag I picked up at Dollar Tree for another one of these. I just fussy cut it out and added little yellow gems to each of the candle flames.
Inside:
 I had recently bought a pack of mixed loose 12x12 papers at Hobby Lobby, there were 4 sheets of this woodland forest paper in it. I added another one of those hot chocolate treat bags from Dollar Tree to it.
Pocket letter:
 I had picked up this loose page at Hobby Lobby for a different pocket letter, but it didn't work out. It's cardstock with foiled snowflakes. I started at the bottom with the button cut out trees and the foam trees. I added some more trees to the pocket letter cards. The middle just has some winter wonderland creatures. The top has a flying dove from an envelope, some rub on mice pieces and a cardinal sticker. I also added more snowflakes on top of the ones already on the paper throughout. There is a wooden one, some 3D stickers, some gems, some metallic stickers.
The goodies:
 I added some cupcake liners, tea, words, stickers, washi, twine, and some erasers.
 I started doing this with the first pocket letters I made and then for some reason stopped. I'm trying to do it again. I just pick some paper that goes with the theme and use it to cover the goodies in the back. It's not like I don't have enough paper. This one is candy canes from a Winter Wonderland paper pad from Hobby Lobby.
Back page:
 Here's that woodland forest paper again. I put some snowflake straw decorations on it with some 3D stickers I got in a swap. I also created the snowglobe. It's the cover from a sticker book, so I covered up the writing with some woodgrain paper and metallic ric rac. I love how it turned out. I also tried to add some embellishment to the snowflakes so it wasn't so flat. I added some 'Christmas lights' along the border as well.
The back:
I didn't do anything other than add some snowman paper and washi to cover up the folder.
Like I said, I love these swaps and will continue doing them. I think it's a fun way to do a pocket letter.

No comments: