Monday, December 18, 2017

Mini wands

I bought some glass rods at a garage sale last year, mostly because I wanted the other glass pieces in the bag. I didn't know what I was going to do with them, until a month or so ago, I made a mini wand, with it being the 'stick'
Every time I cut inserts for pocket letters from an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper, I have a strip of paper left over, so I make a tiny rosette with it. When I made a wintry one while back, I decided to make a wand with it. These have about a 2" diameter.
Here are the fronts:
 You can see, I used the glass tubes for the stems. I honestly don't know what you call those. They all have the same base of the sparkly snowflake ornament, that I bought in an 8 pack from Hobby Lobby.
Close-ups:
 The rosette is made from the backing paper of the snowman pocket letter. I put a snowflake button in the middle and a blue jewel on top.
 This rosette is the background from my winter wonderland file folder pocket letter. I added a snowflake gem to the center.
 This one has the background for my snowman pocket letter scrap for the rosette. I added a foam snowflake (from Hobby Lobby) to the center with a 'peppermint' to the middle.
 This last one has the background from a Christmas pocket letter with another foam snowflake and a 'peppermint'
Here are the backs:
 And close-ups:
 This one has a peppermint tag sticker (from Dollar Tree) on some cardstock and a snowflake ephemera piece to the middle. The glass rod is so thick, that I have to use two layers of foam tape to cushion it. I then use hot glue on top of the foam tape and the rod.
 This one has a chip board circle and some 'snow' paper with a snowflake sticker.
 This one I used another snowflake ornament (from Dollar Tree) for the back, I still used the double layers of foam tape to cushion it. I added a button to the middle of the snowflake, because it had a hole in the middle of it
This is the first one I made and I just squished a flower punch around the rod, so it's not flat. I added a snowflake sticker to the back.
I have two green rods and two light pink/mauve rods left. I'm thinking of doing some kind of flower for the green rods and hearts for the mauve rods.
What do people do with their wands? I just have them collected in a cup on my desk. Sometimes, I pass on ones I've gotten to other people when I think they will enjoy them. Also, do other people make mini wands? I've also put the rosettes on large paper clips, or cupcake pics, too.

No comments: