Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Shabby Chic Altered Pouch

I signed up for a Shabby Chic Altered Pouch. I'm still not sure what shabby chic really is, but I've been on a layering of laces kick, so that's what I did. I started with a clear plastic pouch I received in a Peachy Cheap blind bag. As I do with all my layered lace pieces, I just started layering and put together what went together:

 I really wanted that dangly one to be at the bottom and I wanted it to look vintage, even though most of the trim is not. The off-white one closest to the bottom is vintage, it's ripped from a vintage piece of clothing. The rosette on the top is something I got in the swap.
The back:
  I originally was going to do something different from the back, but I like the whole layered lace look so much, I ended up just wrapping most of the laces/trims around to the back. I had to substitute a few as they weren't that long and the bottom one I only wanted on the front.
Again, we were supposed to have a mix of handmade and store-bought.
I made the wand, the large lace flower in the middle and the green/pink rosette. The tulle flowers and the paperclips were given to me, and I thought they fit well. I added some vintage trim, a vintage pin, some vintage buttons, some stickers, some washi samples, a roll of lace trim, some embossing folders and some cute yarn bows someone sent me.

No comments: