Friday, February 2, 2018

Valentine's File Folder Pocket Letter

I signed up for another file folder pocket letter swap, this time it's a Vintage Valentine theme:
 I used a manila folder as the background. I used some vintagey looking paper to cover the front and back. I covered the staples with Valentine's washi. The 'be mine' came from a bag I got at TJ Maxx last year. The scallop part at the top is from the same bag. I added some vintage trim to the bottom of the front.
Inside:
 Left page:
 I'll admit I had a hard time finding vintage stuff for this, even though I was wicked pumped for the theme. I found this vintage wedding print in one of my paper pads, I put it on some pink paper and made a pocket with it. I added some rose trim to the bottom. That card on the front is vintage. I added some mulberry paper hearts, a cupcake pick and another heart to the pocket.
Pocket letter:
 The background is a heart paper I picked up at a garage sale. I used some vintage photos, some vintagey looking ephemera and some retro girls. I put a small burlap heart behind every piece, and tried to accentuate every card. For the first card, I added the 'kisses' sticker, the second card has a love piece on foam tape, the third card I added a cork heart sticker on top of the heart on the automobile. Second row first card, I added the envelope, the middle has a little magnetic bookmark that I added the sparkly heart to, the third card has a jar of hearts. Third row first card I added the 'forever' sticker, the second card has a 'valentine' sticker and the last card has a 'cute' sticker.
Back of pocket letter:
 I added some ribbon, white hearts, some hot air balloon sticker, vintage journaling spots, washi, mulberry paper, tiny paper envelopes and some alphas.
Back page:
 I couldn't find anything to really add here, so I put the back of the card from the front page.
Back cover:
There was a big empty space in the middle of the page, so I added this foam heart and the embellished doily.
Here's what I received from my partner, first of all, she sent it in this cute mailer:
 I found this when I opened it:
 And this when I unwrapped it:
 It looks so elegant and simple.
Here's the inside:
 I'm a little bummed that she didn't actually decorate the pocket letter. It's just paper cut for the pockets.
Back of inside:
 The goodies:
I was so excited when I opened the package, I just wish it was more decorated. It also isn't really geared at Valentine's Day, it could just be a vintage one.

No comments: