Saturday, February 17, 2018

Valentine's Explosion Box

I made another one:
Here are my close-ups, outside:
 I used all cardstock as the bases. I went with three pieces of pink paper and then layered on top. For the lid of the outside box, I used a piece from a baby paper pad. The doily on the top came from an envelope I got in the mail recently. The trim is from Target. I layered some chevron Valentine's paper on the outside.
First box opened:
 First side:
 I used pink polka dot paper leftovers from the piece I used for the second lid. This one has a red burlap heart from Hobby Lobby, with a chipboard sticker from Target.
Second side:
 This one I used a doily (from a swap) for the background, I layered a fox piece (cover of a sticker book, from a swap) and added some epoxy heart stickers around it (Hobby Lobby)
Third side:
 This is actually from a tag from something I got last Valentine's Day, I couldn't throw it away.
Fourth side:
 The banner piece is from a swap, the heart inside is from a sticker sheet.
Close-up of second box:
 Here's the lid with that polka dot paper (JoAnn's), I added a small notebook to the top (from a swap). I edged it with some trim (Micheal's) and layered some more Valentine's paper (from same paper pad as outside pieces, from Hobby Lobby).
Second box opened:
 First side:
 This is a vellum pocket that I added some washi (from a swap), a journaling card (Tuesday Morning) and a sticker (a swap) on top of.
Second side:
 I added a stack of sticky notes (TJ Maxx), some sparkly sweet stickers (swap) and a super sweet sticker (garage sale).
Third side:
 These stickers are from a sticker pack (Hobby Lobby).
Fourth side:
 The top sticker and the round sticker are from the same sticker pack as above (Hobby Lobby) the heart is from another sticker sheet (Hobby Lobby)
Close-up of last box:
 The sides are some paper I had in my stash, I lined the edges of the lid with some trim (my stash). The lid is paper from a 6x6 paper pad (Hobby Lobby). I added a fabric heart to the top of it (my stash).
I don't have a picture of the inside box open, but you can see it in the video at the beginning of this post.
First side:
 This background paper is the same as the layers on the outside of the second box. The heart banner is a sticker (Hobby Lobby), the double hearts are chipboard stickers (Target), the 'love' is an acrylic piece (swap).
Second side:
 A foam monster sticker (Hobby Lobby).
Third side:
 I made a pocket on the top of this one and filled it with a little baggie of foam heart stickers (swap). I also added some glittery bee themed stickers (swap).
Fourth side:
a felt owl sticker (my stash) and some epoxy heart stickers (Hobby Lobby).
I added a bunch of goodies to the shipping box and sent it out on Valentine's Day. My recipient got it yesterday and says she loves it.

No comments: