Friday, February 16, 2018

ELF Valentine Swap

I signed up for the Esther Luka Family Valentine Swap after skipping the winter swap. I do love this swap.
This time we had to make an album, a journal, a traveler's notebook or a flipbook for our big project.
Two handmade cards with dimension, stamps, embossing or bling.
Three samples of washi 18 inches each
Three embellishments
Two samples ribbon or lace 18 inches each
Hand lotion/scrub and a lip balm/scrub
Something extra.
I went with a journal, or at least I think that's what it is. I had taken all of the really large (I believe they were 6x8) sized journaling cards and made two journals from a journaling card kit I picked up at Tuesday morning. Here are the pages I embellished:
 I added the quote at the top of the page on this one.
 This one I sewed the corner pocket on.
 This one is another corner pocket.
 I added the quote on this one.
 This is a tuck spot at the top of the page.
 Another quote I added.
 Another top of the page tuck spot.
Another corner pocket. All of the pieces I added were from other journaling cards in the collections. I cut out the pieces, used double stick tape to adhere the quotes and a mini sewing machine (that I picked up from Hollar for this purpose, this is just the first time I used it) to attach the tuck spots and corner pockets.
My two cards:
 The top one, I followed a sketch of another card I had received in a swap. I wanted to make it sort of monochromatic, but I like the look of it. It's just a bunch of scraps off my desk, the sentiment is from a sticker book from Hobby Lobby.
The bottom one I just added a lot of layering to.
My three samples of washi:
I just added a pack of 10 rolls of glitter washi I got in a Peachy Cheap grab bag.
My three embellishments:
 The tag already had the red glitter, I added the heart and trim. I had a bunch of tiny envelopes I got in a swap, so I made a cute paper clip with a butterfly wooden veneer. The last one is actually a bunch of heart stickers layered up.
Two samples of ribbon or lace:
I actually thought it was 4 samples, I wrapped them around this cute little 'candy' lip balm I had gotten in a swap. As I was wrapping it up to add to my package, I realized I could have that be the lip balm or scrub, but I already had another one picked out.
For my hand lotion/scrub and lip balm/scrub:
The apple hand balm and the little green thing at the bottom of the picture, it's watermelon lip balm.
A few extras I gave my partner, a bag of Hershey's with almonds, a packet of pink heart doilies, and:
This roll of pink rose paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby.
Here's what my partner sent me:
Traveler's Notebook, cover:
First spread:
There's a couple tags tags on the left side and a dashboard on the right side.
Second spread:
This is the back of the dashboard with a vellum pocket that has a couple tags and a paper clip.
Third spread:
This is the back of the vellum pocket and the first notebook in the traveler's notebook.
 Fourth spread:
This is the back of the notebook, with the other side of the vellum pocket, this notebook had a phone number notebook, a bow paperclip and a binder clip holding a pen. The pink on the right is another notebook, this one a regular lined one.
 Next spread:
This is the back of the notebook with a shaker piece.
 Last spread:
The back of the shaker piece and the back cover.
Back cover:
 Handmade cards:
I love how she included a 3x3 card, I'm loving those lately.
 Samples of washi:
I love that she sent me full rolls, I did the same to her.
 Embellishments:
 Samples of lace:
I love the lace she picked out and how she sent the samples to me.
 Hand cream, and lip balm:
 Extras:
 pens, stickers, chocolate
Owl die
I'm excited to have a traveler's notebook, I've never gotten one before.

No comments: