Saturday, February 24, 2018

Altered Canvas

I signed up for an altered canvas swap in one of my groups. I had the hardest time doing it. I used to be more of a mixed media artist and am now mostly paper and have mostly paper stuff, so I couldn't really think of how to alter it.
I modpodged the background paper (Hobby Lobby) with some ribbon (my stash), the doily (my stash), the corner piece (from a Valentine's bag from TJ Maxx). I also added the middle of another doily (swap) and some gold letters (Hobby Lobby). I painted the vines and leaves on it and added the two heart stickers (my stash) to pull together the pink color. I like how it came out.
Here's what my partner sent me:
Every time I look at this, I see something new. I love all the different layers and the different elements all over it. I love that it's very 3D.

No comments: