Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Valentine's Day Swap

One of the blogs I read, Indulge Your Shelf, had a post the other day about making Valentine's and asked if anyone wanted to do a swap with her. I said, I'd love to. I love her style and seeing what she makes and creates.
Here's what I made for her:
 I wanted to make something vintagey for her, but it turned into more of a project than a Valentine's card. I started with an 8x8 square mat, I covered it with a handwritten letter from the 40's, I love how when I put mod podge on top of the letter, it smudged the ink a bit, even though it's been dry for about 50 years. I added some paper flowers to the bottom left corner with some trailing jewels going up the mat (see next picture for a close-up). I added a gray cardstock for the background with a vintage picture layered on some pink paper. The picture was in a little sleeve with the personal note that I added to the bottom right corner, layered on some pink paper. I thought it needed a little more, so I layered up some hearts for the top right corner.
Close-up of left corner:
 The jewels/pearls are much easier to see in person, but I like the detail it creates. I should have made the smaller flowers trail off to the right.
Here's the card I made her:
I felt kinda bad that I didn't actually make her a card, so I whipped up a quick one. I also put some of those adulting stickers from Dollar Tree in the package along with a vintage handkerchief and a table runner.
Here's what she sent me:
I love the vintage part of it. Also that cupid is plastic.

No comments: