Thursday, June 22, 2017

Envelope flip book

One of the swaps I signed up for in my facebook groups was an envelope flip book. This was something new I had never done before and it took me forever to figure it out. I realized I was trying to fit the envelope the wrong way on a piece of paper.
Anywho, here's what I created. The front:
I used a paper pad from Hobby Lobby with bright colors for the outside, this is a 4x6 cut apart.
Here's the back:
I lined the edges with black washi and layered some green striped washi on top of it. I think it gave it a more finished look.
Once you open it:
I used paper from the Newsworthy paper pad from Hobby Lobby for the inside. I also lined the edges of it with some pink washi.
 Close up of top corner:
 The 'hello' die is from a swap. I made the banner by cutting paper from a paper pad from JoAnns. It's amazing how I found colors from so many different things in my stash that went so well together. The jeweled flowers are a 'tape' from recollections from a swap.
Close-up of right flap:
 The flowers are stickers from Dollar Tree. The quote is from a Snap pack from Hobby Lobby, I just cut it up so it would fit.
Close-up of bottom flap:
 The washi is from Michaels, the butterfly is from Dollar Tree
Close-up of left flap:
 The sticker is from Dollar Tree.
Close-up of inside:
The background paper and the flowers on the bottom left are from a snap pack from Hobby Lobby. The 'messes is what we do best' is from a project life card, I just cut it down to fit. The jewel sticker is from a swap. We had to include an envelope for goodies, this envelope is from a swap. I believe I added some more of the colored paper I used for the banner, some scraps and a butterfly sticker.
Here's what I got from my partner, the front:
 What I saw when I first opened it:
 The whole thing, unfolded:
 The whole thing, minus the goodies:
 The goodies:
I love how she used that beauty paper pad from Micheal's. I'm not a girly girl, but I really liked this.

No comments: