Saturday, March 2, 2019

This and That

One of my artsy groups had a swap called this and that, basically we picked 10 things from a list to send to our partner. Here's the list:
3 altered clothespins, 3 mini tags, 1 A2 get well card, 2 embellished paper clips, 2 lace ribbon samples of 18" or longer, 4 different colored seam binding samples 18" or longer, 1 mini 3x3 flipbook, 2 coin envelopes, 1 altered mini composition book, 1 flat pen, 4 mini 3x3 thank you cards with envelopes, 3 rolls of washi, 1 A2 missing you card, 18 buttons, 1 package of sequins, 6 6x6 sheets of paper, 1 decorated hat pin, 12 beads, 3 samples of bakers twine 36" or longer, 3 inchies or 2 A2 birthday cards.
I chose to send:
2 embellished paper clips,
2 samples of lace ribbon
1 3x3 flipbook
3 rolls of washi
18 buttons,
1 package of sequins
6 sheets of 6x6 paper,
12 beads
3 inchies
2 A2 birthday cards.
 The inchies:
 First one: flower punch on some pink patterned paper with a jewel and 'smile' sticker. Second: some sunglasses, flip flops and shell stickers on a cloud background. Third: I glued down strips of paper for the background and added a cup and 'enjoy' sticker.
A2 birthday card:
 I took a card blank added the blue paper and the spotty journaling card, some layered flower stickers and some letters to spell out 'happy birthday'. I had two made (thinking I just needed one for each partner) and then realized I was supposed to have two for each partner, so I found another for each swap in cards people had made and sent me.
3x3 flipbook:
 This is the front, I used a 3x4 journaling card that I cut down. I added the washi on the sides cause I liked the look and added a little bling to the top and bottom.
First flip:
 The sunflower backgrounds are recycled from some packaging. I added a 'take the path least taken', tricycle and some button stickers. The right page has a little pocket with some planner stickers.
Second flip:
 I added a mini 2x2 journaling card to the left page. The right page has a 'the best is yet to come' sticker.
Flipped up:
 The journaling card flips up and I added some butterfly stickers.
Back:
 I added some washi samples and paper clips.
To make the flip book, I basically cut a 3" strip from a 12x12 paper and just folded it every 3", so it folded back onto itself.
Last flip:
Another journaling card on the left. The right just has more stickers.
What I received in return:
It looks like she chose: 6x6 papers, 3x3 flip book, altered mini composition book, inchies, twine, get well card, mini tags, buttons and sequins. And apparently she substituted washi samples for rolls
I don't understand why it's so hard for people to follow directions, or even put notes into packages. I have a lot of mail groups, I keep detailed records, but it's frustrating that you can't include a simple note saying what group and what swap it's for, and even who it's from.
And for my second partner, I sent the same things.
 inchies:
 left: food and 'eat' stickers on pink patterned background. middle: strips of paper with a butterfly button. Right: starfish charm with a 'relax' sticker on a cloud background.
Birthday card:
 This is a horrible picture, because I forgot to take one of just the card. Basically it's the same as the one above. A card blank with blue paper and journaling card and some layered flower stickers. I also added letters that spelled out 'happy birthday'
3x3 flip book. Front:
 The background paper on this one is this blue patterned paper. I added a 2x2 journaling card and some bling.
First flip:
 Also used the sunflower paper. Added bird, butterfly, flower and birdhouse stickers. Right side is tiny pocket with planner stickers.
Second flip:
 another 2x2 journaling card, the right side has a 'everyday is a fresh start sticker'
flipped:
 added butterfly stickers under the journaling card.
back:
 some washi samples and paper clips.
Last flip:
banner and 'i believe good things are coming' stickers. Right side has more stickers.
What I received:
 One partner sent 6x6 paper, mini tags, get well card, mini thank you cards, sequins, buttons, miss you card, beads, lace and washi. Love her packaging as well.
A few extras she included:
And from my second partner:
she chose 6x6 paper, mini flipbook, altered notebook, inchies, baker's twine, get well card, mini tags, washi, buttons and sequins.
There was a miscommunication on what to send from my second partner, so I was sent a few replacements:
mini tags and some washi.
These are one of my favorite swaps. I like that we combine stuff that we've made and stuff that is already purchased.

No comments: