Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Advent Calendar Pocket Letter

My big Christmas project this year was an Advent Calendar Pocket letter. We were supposed to put it in a file folder and make it so it hung up like a wall calendar. The outside of the calendar:
I just embellished the tags a bit, I added the snowflake on one, put some bling on another one, added some letters to a different one and then layered on others. I added the vintage trim on the top to cover my seam.
The inside.
I bought a gift bag and cut Santa out of it. I really had such a hard time figuring out the handmade parts for the inside of the pocket letters and the decorating of those I was kinda done when I got to the actual file folder decoration.
Pocket letter:

I used a tree paper and made it so the 3 pocket letters looked like one piece of paper. I found some paper with numbers on it, and just punched them out with a circle punch. The first pocket letter (3 pockets) has a chipboard sticker that says Merry.
The second pocket letter (6 pockets) I decorated with reindeer and added the chipboard sticker of Christmas to the second row.
The third pocket letter (6 pockets), doesn't show until you flip the 2nd one over. I did a lot of layering with ephemera pieces on it.
The fourth pocket letter (9 pockets) I just put some journaling cards down and embellished them a little bit. The last row has a station wagon with a tree on and Santa and his team of unicorns.
The back:
I just embellished the paper and again. I added some wooden trees, some glittery pen, and some gems.
The back:
I didn't do anything but add some vintage trim to the bottom.
One of my big challenges was that we had to make half the things we put in the calendar.
I made a bunch of embellishments, some paper clips and some magnets.
The stuff I didn't make:
I included a few mini ornaments, some brads, some washi samples, gem, sequins, stickers, tea, flair and buttons.
I liked the challenge, it just kinda kicked my butt. I hope my partner likes it.

No comments: