Monday, August 24, 2020

Vintage canvas

Patriotic ATCs:
 I angeled for someone that got flaked on. I like the one with the houses, I just cut everything out and attached it to the background. The other card is just a bunch of stickers.
Vacation mini pocket letter:

I had the girl die cut I wanted to use, so basically just layered some stuff on a sand background.
Fairy bookmarks:
I just layered and attached things. I thought I had more fairy images. 
Beachy dreams flipbook, front:
I went with a paper bag flip book. I had these floral bags that I used as the base. I covered the pages with water paper and added this photograph paper to the front and back covers. I added the parrot sticker and layered the 'life's a beach' piece.
First pages:
I added some sand paper to the two larger pages with some flip flops and a paradise sticker on this one. The tiny page on the right is actually a pocket, I added the list and palm trees at sunset.
Second pages:

Again following the layout of the last pages, I added the palm trees at sunset for the smaller page and sand paper to the larger page. I added a postcard on the right page and a couple pieces of ephemera. The small page is another pocket.
Back cover:
All the goodies:
I cut down my scraps to fit in the pockets between the pages. I included the rest of the sticker packs I used and some washi samples as well as a sequin mix. I had picked up a Prima paper pad at Hobby Lobby and noticed it was beach themed when I got home, so I cut up the cut aparts and put them in as well. I totally just picked up the paper pad because I've never seen a Prima one on sale. 
Altered canvas:
I signed up to do an altered canvas swap in one of my groups. This is the second attempt, I fell in love with the first one and decided I couldn't part with it. This one is much simpler. I glued the fabric on to the canvas, watercolored the fish and added the vintage button. After taking the photo, I added some red gems to the spots on the fish. I'm hoping it's not too simple for my partner. I really love how it turned out.
Here's the first attempt:
I think it's the vintagey vibe. I had this calendar with these beautiful flower and butterfly pictures on it. The flower wasn't quite big enough to cover the canvas, so I added a book page. I used some foam tape to pop up the butterfly. I added some rub ons to the top, the right top corner and the middle (I wish I'd left the middle one off). I added the floral strip to the bottom and the feather piece. I found the gem strip in a jar of buttons and added that as a finishing piece.
Not sure what I'm going to do with this, but I really like how it turned out.

No comments: