Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Mermaid File Folder Pocket Letter

I love making file folder pocket letters. I love the pocket letters, but adding something else to decorate and fill with goodies is fun, too. This time, the theme was mermaid.
I had picked up these decorated file folders awhile ago with the thought of using them for the this craft. This one had some writing on it, and the mermaid paper piece I had didn't quite cover it, so I layered her on some other paper and stuck her down. I had gotten a package of mermaids, fish, octopuses, narwhals and starfish in the dollar spot of Target that I knew would work perfectly for this. The trim is just to cover up the staples.
Inside:
I couldn't really get in the mood to decorate the inside of the file folder. I had a mermaid paper kit that I got all the paper from for this. It was actually what I was thinking about when I signed up for this swap. The scale paper and cut aparts are from that paper pack. The seashell paper I had gotten in a swap.
The pocket letter: The background paper is from that paper pack, the big mermaid is actually a wall sticker from Dollar Tree. The Wild piece was from the paper pack, I put it on some purple glitter paper just to give it a little dimension. The starfish are from the mermaid paper pack, the sand colored stars on top of them are from the wall art stickers. I added some 'seaweed' pieces I got in a swap. I also added some pink gems and a wooden shell piece.
I included gems, sequins, stickers, paper pieces, leftover paper, labels, die cuts, washi and some frames I had for the goodies. I always try to include a bit more of what I used on the pocket letter as my goodies, so people can use some of that for their future products. For the back page, I had attached the mermaid on the right and then realized I didn't leave a lot of room for a pocket, so I just found some scale paper and made it into a pocket. The other mermaid and the things on the pocket are all sticky notes. I put a shell behind the pocket and made a shaker tag to go in the pocket. The blue acetate was wrapping on a birthday present I got. I also added a word piece on some glitter paper to the tab.
The back:
Not exciting, I didn't really decorate it, this is how the back of the file folder came, I added some paper to cover the staples. I was really inspired to decorate the front and do the pocket letter, but then I lost my mojo. I think it turned out ok anyway.  

No comments: