Friday, May 10, 2019

Fabric art

Signed up to make some kind of art with fabric in one of my swaps. This was my first thought:
And then I fell in love with it after I got it done minus the the flower. So, I made this one instead:
It's a little out of my comfort zone with the colors I used. I cut out the sun and sewed it onto some satiny fabric. You can't really tell, but there is some kind of decorative sewing at the top. The background is a dyed fabric I made in a class, I added some metallicy tulle over the top of it, then the brownish fabric behind the sun. I also added the red metallicy piece on the top and some gold trim to the bottom.
Here's what I received in return:
It's a banner with some vintage looking flowers printed on it.
I didn't want to unravel it as I don't really have a place to put it and I wouldn't get it wrapped up as nicely.

No comments: