Saturday, March 31, 2018

Red and Black Explosion box

My friend's birthday was Wednesday, so I made her an explosion box.
Her favorite colors are black and red, so I used those as the base and added other things to complement them.
The outside:
The sides are this damask paper. The lid is a red plaid that I added the top of a flower pic to it and some red/black washi to the sides.
I apparently don't have a picture of the first layer open, so refer to the video.
 All the backgrounds are the same black/white/red damask paper. I layered some black and then red paper with a flower die cut.
 On this piece I have some black paper with a red sticker that says 'cake', I also have some red paper with a chipboard sticker of a cupcake.
 Again I've layered black and red, this time I added some party hats.
 To mirror the other side I added some black paper and spelled out 'happy birthday' in red sticker letters. I also have some red paper with another chipboard cupcake sticker.
Here's the second box:
 The outside has some black/red/white striped paper. The lid is black paper with another flower die cut. I added a clear sticker on some red paper and added red/black and white present washi to the lip.
Second layer:
 My friend also likes foxes, she said she liked this layer the best. The backgrounds are all pink/black polka dots, I didn't realize they were pink until I started putting it on the paper, it was too late to change by then.
 I added a clear sticker to some black washi and a layered fox sticker.
 I added a clear sticker to some white paper and layered it on black paper with some fox stickers.
 This clear sticker is on the background with a fox and tree sticker.
 This one has another clear sticker on black paper with a fuzzy fox sticker.
Last box:
 The outside of this one has another damask print, but the black is velvety, I was going to put it on the outside, but I didn't want the black to get gross. The lid is red/white polka dots, I added a metal piece to the top and layered black and red washi to the lip.
Last layer:
 The backgrounds are all red/black plaid.
 I added some balloon stickers here.
 This is a really bad picture. I added the clear sticker to some white paper and then on to the background.
 I added a cake sticker here.
And here is another clear sticker I layered on white paper.

No comments: