Friday, March 9, 2018

flowers and feathers tag

I signed up to make a flowers and feathers tag in one of my facebook groups. Here's what I made:
I covered the background with some flower paper from a Paris paper pad (Hobby Lobby), I added the yellow flowers (thrift store) down the side and across the bottom. Next I layered a few flowers (sparkly green, blue/pink and pink flower) for the corner piece.  I'm actually very proud of that large flower. I took the stamens out of the pink/blue flower and shoved them in the middle of the fabric pink flower. I thought it looked to plain so I added teal flat back pearls to the centers of the yellow flowers. I found these three feathers in my stash and added them to the tag. I dug out the vellum sticker, put it on some white paper and fussy cut it out. I added the three colors of seam binding to the top.
Here's what my partner sent me:
 I love her choice of colors and the style of the tag.
The extras:

No comments: