Thursday, January 25, 2018

Screw It and Do It Challenge

I participated in another Screw It and Do It Challenge. I did it mostly to make sure I did something creative while I was wicked busy with my three jobs, I'm no sure it was such a good idea. Basically, you make yourself be creative for 10 minutes a day. There's a little video they make you watch, and I love how she says we have 10 minutes in our day to be creative, when I worked my 12 hour days, I had 10 minutes but I didn't want to spend them creating, I would have rather gone to bed.
Day 1:
 I really wanted to use the "C Christmas" but I also wanted to use the heart paper. So, I used the heart paper as the background, added the red snowflake paper and the 'c' paper. I also added the gingerbread houses as another focal point.
Day 2:
 I used a couple snowflake scraps and a valentine paper for a background. The love banner is from a swap. The minion is a Christmas tag, I put a heart over the package to make it less Christmasy.
Day 3:
 I used some scraps from a recent explosion box for the background. I added the Christmas tag with a clear sticker and some circle stickers.
Day 4:
 This is an altered vellum bag. I added some pink paper for the background with some flamingo paper. The 'find joy in the ordinary' piece with foam tape. I thought it needed a little more, so I added the jewel butterflies to the bottom.
Day 5:
 I'm going to make this one into a card front. I used a scrap from an explosion box for the background and added some layered flowers I got in a swap.
Day 6:
 This is a mini loaded bag. I put some flower paper down as the background. To cover the sides I added some floral washi and some scraps from packing. I added the heart doily and the Valentine's paper.
Here's the other side:
I used the same paper for the background as I did on the front. You can see the floral washi better here. The 'sweet' is a sticker from Hobby Lobby. I cut the cupcakes from some more Valentine paper and added them with foam tape.
Day 7:
This is another vellum bag. I added another scrap from an explosion box, a 3D cake sticker and some balloon ephemera.
 Day 8:
I was not very motivated this day. This is another page in my notebook. I covered the background with some lined paper left over from another project with some balloon paper and some alligator stickers.
 Day 9:
This day, I made a couple 3x3 cards. the backgrounds are some leftover paper, as is the pink paper. The top one has a fairy clip art from a swap. I added some blue pom pom trim with sparkly white trim on top. The bottom card has a girl I cut from some paper.
 Day 10:
This one is actually the front of a gift card holder. The background is scrap paper. I liked the look of the chipboard arrow through the burlap heart. I added some heart stickers to the mason jar piece and added the 'sweet love' sticker to the corner.
 Day 11:
Another vellum bag. I already had the 'snow globe' made from another time. I used some polka dot paper for the background and added some red washi tape and the snow globe.
 Day 12:
This will become another card front. I used some embossed paper for the background with a scrap of zig zag paper. I also added a journaling card and some white cardstock. The flower pieces are stickers as is the felt bunny from last year.
 Day 13:
This is a card for a swap. I layered some cut out clouds on top of the background paper. The unicorn is from a swap, I added the sun and the 'sparkle' sticker.
 Day 14:
Another card. I tried the washi technique with a tube of washi I picked up at Hobby Lobby. The 'happy valentine's day' are also stickers from Hobby Lobby. The heart is an acetate piece I bought online.
 Day 15:
This one is a mini pocket letter for a swap. I layered some paper and added unicorns and stickers.

No comments: