Saturday, January 20, 2018

Explosion box

I made another one:
Outside:
I used a blue cardstock base for this outside box. I used one piece of beige 12x12 cardstock for all the lids. I put a piece of paper that has the Happy Birthday song on the top with a felt snowflower and this beautiful pipe cleaner flower I got in a swap. I also added some Dollar Tree banner washi to the lip of the box. This person likes nature, so I added some bird paper to the outside of the box.
Opened:

 I used rock paper for the inside pieces here. For this square, I used this journaling card cut down, it's popped up on foam tape on top of some pink paper.
 I just cut down another journaling card for this one.
 I added a Dollar Tree sticker to this one.
 This is part of a sticky note pad from Dollar Tree, I tacked it down on a piece of cardboard.
Second box:
I covered the top of this box with the same bird paper as the outside of the large box. The Happy Birthday stickers are clear that I layered on some cardstock and popped them up on foam tape. I also added the cake sticker. I used some flower washi on the lip of the box. I covered the outside of the box with some blue paisley paper.
Second layer opened:
I used some dragonfly cardstock for the base of this box.
 For this one I used another clear happy birthday sticker, it's layered on another scrap of paper. I added some puffy dog stickers.
 This is just flower sticker.
 This one has another clear flower sticker on it with a 'celebrate' word sticker.
This last one has a 'take a break' sicker with a clear flower sticker on the bottom.
 I covered the lid of the last box with scraps of the same paper as the base of the second box and a quote. I covered the outside of the last box with some succulent paper.
Here is the last box opened:
 I used a sea foam green cardstock for the base of this one. I took the squares from the second box and cut them down to fit on the smallest box. It was a double sided paper, so I just used the other side.
 I layered a clear sticker on this one.
 I cut down a journaling card for this one.
 These are two stickers from the same sticker sheet. The friendship piece was actually one sticker that I cut down to fit the square.
This one has a layered sticker on it.
The last box was shown to the director of the library, and she asked me to make one for her friend. Her friend likes nature, flowers, cats, dogs, poetry and dragonflies. I hope she likes it.
I really want to make one for a crafty friend and fill it up with crafting supplies, I might do that for a swap I have coming up.

No comments: