Saturday, September 9, 2017

Unicorn/fairy mini pocket letters

I've really embraced the unicorn/mermaid thing. I feel I've done a lot of mermaid art swaps, but not so many unicorn ones, so I signed up for a unicorn/fairy mini pocket letter. I'm generally not a huge fan of the mini pocket letters because I have to cut apart my pocket sleeves and they're so much smaller (which I get is the appeal), but I like to create a whole page and put a bunch of goodies in them.
I wished for unicorn ephemera on one of my facebook groups, and they sure delivered:

 Sadly, I found out I could not find fairy ephemera anywhere. I looked at Walmart, Dollar Tree, and Hobby Lobby (I probably should have checked out JoAnn's). I found one sheet of very large fairy stickers at Dollar Tree and bought them (but ended up not using them).
Here's what I made:
 For this one, I just cut out some random papers for the backgrounds, then I added these springy tags I got at Target at the beginning of spring but never used. The two fairy stickers were sent on a card for something else, I peeled them off very carefully and put them on the tags. The unicorn is actually Lisa Frank it's from a sticker book from Dollar Tree. I also added some heart washi and a blingy flower trim to the bottom. I stuck the tags on with foam tape with the idea that my partner could use them if she wanted.
 Again, I went with plainer backgrounds. The unicorns are all from that bunch that I was sent, I picked out two taller ones to face each other for the ends. The middle one is supposed to look like she's jumping over the fairy. The fairies on the ends were sent to me in a swap, as well as the middle one. I added some sequin birds to the first card, round sequins with bling in the middle to the second one and some sequin butterflies to the third one.
I already had this sleeve filled with the background paper, so I just added to it. The first card has some stamped fairies that I found in my stamped image bag, they are on mushrooms so I added a mushroom sticker from a swap. Again the unicorns are all from that bunch above, as is the rainbow. The fairy on the second card is also from my stash. I added a felt flower from Hobby Lobby to the last card, and made it look like my unicorn is hiding under it. I saw on a YouTube video that someone had framed their pocket letter in jewels, so I thought I'd try it on this one.
I tried to add a little bling to all of them. I don't have a picture of the goodies, but I tried to add another of the unicorns I used and a copy of the fairies I used. I had also made a few unicorn paper clips from that bunch, and added one to each pocket letter.
Here's what I got from my partners:
The goodies:
 I like the paperclips and the washi. I'm not a big fan of the page flags.
More goodies:
I wish people would ask if you use planner stuff.
And my second partner:
The goodies:
I love all the stickers, and the washi and the pictures and even those I'm not a sequin person, I like this little mix.
And my third partner:
Everything fell out in the envelope and she didn't tell me what was supposed to be decorating the pocket letter. I like the die cuts, the sticko stickers and the unicorn paperclip.

No comments: