Saturday, September 9, 2017

Scavenger Hunt pocket letter

A new pocket letter swap I signed up for was a scavenger hunt. We were given a list of 12 items to find and create a pocket letter from.
My list was:
1. Red paint chip
2. Green heart
3. Business card from a dentist office
4. Gold penny
5. Live rose petals
6. Your town's official seal
7. Receipt for 30 cents
8. Coupon for $1 off
9. Three seeds
10. Christmas ribbon
11. Blue dot
12. Red boat
I thought I had to find all 12 items and create the pocket letter with them. We actually only needed 9 with one piece on each card.

I found the paint chip at Walmart. The green heart and Christmas ribbon was from my stash. I went to a dentist office for the business card. I spelled out penny with gold alphas (mostly because I didn't want to waste a penny). I went to a local garden for the rose petals. I cut my town's logo out of an ad. I found the coupon on my floor. I found the seeds on my way home from work. I used a paper punch for the blue dot. The boat I just colored red. I couldn't find the receipt for 30 cents, I found a few things that cost 25 cents, but I didn't want to buy them just to get the receipt. I put made two cards that had two of the items on it (I wanted to include as much as possible, and I at first thought I had to include them all). The sixth card has my town's logo and the coupon for $1 off. The ninth card has the three seeds and the red boat.
My partner's has disappeared in the mail. We're not sure if I'll ever get it.

No comments: