Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Birthday card

October 15th was my grandma's 100th birthday and because I'm such a stellar granddaughter I forgot about making her a card until the night of the 14th. 
 
 I had this "Happy Birthday" paper and added it to a project life card and backed it with cardstock.
I stamped my new stamp inside and colored her. I'm not very good at coloring. I added the candle to go along with the sentiment sticker which I had to add because when I used my self-inking "Handmade with love" stamp in the back it oozed out too much ink and bled through to the front. That stamp is from Dollar Tree, does anyone else have this issue? One side oozes out too much ink and the other side gives almost enough.
I didn't have an envelope, so I just created one by folding paper around my card, adding some washi and a sticker to close it.

I've been having a hard time making cards lately. That's why I try to buy stickers and paper that already have sentiments on them. Cards are just not one of my strong points.

No comments: