Sunday, November 6, 2016

Halloween Flipbook

For some reason I really wanted to make a Halloween flip book. I think part of it was because I found a pack of 6 (maybe) felt jack-o-lanterns at Target for $1. So, I did a private trade with someone on one of my FB groups. I'm still waiting to receive mine, but here's what I sent her.
 The backgrounds are from a 6x6 paper pad I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I used the silver foil spiderweb washi from Target for $1. The "boo" foam sticker was from a swap. The gem tape at the bottom was from Target for $1.
When you flip this to the left:
 Close-up of left side:
 I had a hard time with this page and still feel like it's missing something. The "boo" foam sticker was from a swap. The 'smiley' faces were from Walmart on clearance. The October 31 chipboard sticker was from a kit I got at a garage sale. The pumpkin sticker is from the Dollar Tree. The "Happy Halloween" is from an all seasons 12x12 paper pack I got at Hobby Lobby.
Close-up of right page:
 I had this cute Tim Holtz ephemera that had this quote on it, so I just tried to illustrate it. It says "Halloween Greetings Screeching owls and flying bats Fighting spirit in black cats, Will make a spooky Hallowe'en With lurking witches and ghosts unseen" The background paper has flying bats. The owl is from the same Tim Holtz Halloween ephemera pack, it's layered on a skull cupcake liner that I got in a swap. The cat is a sticker from Hobby Lobby. I stamped a ghost in the background. I have no idea where I got that stamp.
When you flip this page to the right:
 Close-up of middle page:
 The background has bugs all over it. This napkin I got in a swap, so I just glued it to some cardstock and made a pocket with it. I probably shouldn't have put the Frankenstein sticker on it, but the page was kinda blah, and it needed some color.
Close-up of page on right:
 I probably shouldn't have used this paper as background, it's really busy and I also had a hard time with it. I ended up just making a spooky scene. The postage stamp sticker is from Walmart, the bats are from Hobby Lobby and the gravestones are from Walmart. The haunted house is from a clip art book, I just colored it with a gold gel pen.
When you flip this page to the right:
 Close-up of third page:
 This one is my favorite page. The large monster is actually a wall sticker from Dollar Tree, I just added a gemstone mustache to him. The green monster was in my stash. The blue and purple monsters are from Walmart. The mummy is from a sticker book from Micheal's. I tried to pick monsters that looked like they were dressed up.
Close-up of right page:
 This one just kinda came together. The strip at the bottom is from the all occasions paper pad from Hobby Lobby. The cat and pink post-it notes are from Target. The Witch piece is from the Tim Holtz ephemera pack. And the "W" sticker is from my stash.
The back:
 This background is actually from that all occasions paper pack from Hobby Lobby. I don't know if you can really tell from the picture, but I fussy cut some of the sweets and attached them with foam tape so they stood out. The label is from the Tim Holtz ephemera pack.
I love wrapping up my stuff when sending it out:
This one I wrapped up in a Halloween towel I got in a swap (I don't decorate for Halloween, so I wasn't ever going to use it.), I used some orange lace to make a bow and tucked in this purple skeleton guy. I'm not really sure what he's supposed to be, but he was cute.

I've already bought a 6x6 Christmas paper pad, so I'll probably be doing more flipbooks.

No comments: