Saturday, January 25, 2020

Countdown to Valentine's Day Swap

I signed up for a Countdown to Valentine's Day swap in one of my groups. We had to put together 14 gift bags of stuff to open as we count down to Valentine's Day. At least half had to be handmade.
Here's what I sent:
 Close-up's:
 I've had these in my stash for years, they're from Hobby Lobby.
 A few Valentine's colored paperclips.
 Another item I've had in my stash for years, I have no idea where they came from.
 I got this a few year's ago, it's really cute, but I know I'll never use it.
 Some foam heart stickers, got these in a swap.
 Some chipboard stickers, picked these up at Target a few years ago.
 Random stickers, some are felt and some are cardboard, fairly certain they're from JoAnn's.
The handmade stuff:
 I made this a few years ago, it's a gift card holder.
 altered paper clips.
 Altered mini composition book, I also found this tiny pen among my stash that fit perfectly with it.
 A lace heart. I made sure this was day number 14.
 Die cuts
 Embellishments, I'm not very good at making embellishments, but like the Christmas Advent calendar, I had a hard time thinking up things to make (even though I just did that one), so I thought I'd try some embellishments. I think they turned out kinda cute. My favorite being the frame at the bottom.
 Tags, also not great at making these, but I like how these turned out.
And how the bags looked in the end. I had a bunch of these smallish gift bags from my Lollipop subscription box (I seem to never throw anything away), so I went with a gray/pink theme. I was a couple short of the gray bags, so there's a couple gold ones in there. I closed them with a drop of hot glue and then held them closed with washi. I ended up wrapping it all the way around the bag and adding another strip on the front with a couple stickers to number them. I have no idea what order anything is except the lace heart, I made sure that was the last thing to open and just grabbed and numbered the rest.

No comments: